I haven’t written my January wrap up yet but as you can see from the stack above, I didn’t quite hit my goals. So, here’s what I’m hoping to read in February.
January Carry Over:
Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
…assuming I will finish Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie today – fingers crossed
The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway (my classic of the month)
They Do It With Mirrors by Agatha Christie
Murder in the Mews by Agatha Christie
One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie
Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
Bedside Pile of Shame (aka ‘currently reading’ for months):
Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan (I really hit the wall with this one and need to just focus for a few hours and finally finish it)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone (Illustrated) by JK Rowling
What are you reading this month?
January is usually a strong reading month for me so I’m looking forward to many great books. Here is my list of hopefuls:
- A Murder is Announced by Agatha Christie
- Cards on the Table by Agatha Christie
- Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie
- Life is Short by Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein (this is way outside of my normal reading preferences but my Mama read it and enjoyed so gave it to me)
- One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews
- Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
What is on your TBR list for January?
I don’t ask for much but there are a few things I’d like to see this year.
First, please be more gentle than your older sister, 2016. Losing so many of our icons was hard on us. We need our artists to help make the world a better (and more lovely) place.
Second, take care of my friends and family. Each year I realize more of their importance to me. They also make the world a better place.
Lastly, give me the time and freedom to read. Here’s what I’m hoping:
- Read at least 100 books.
- Finish the Wheel of Time series (I’ve read through book 6 to date).
- Continue to work my way through the Agatha Christie library. If I read 2 Poirot and 1 Marple each month I should finish both of those series by the end of the year.
- Read at least one classic each month.
Your friend (I hope),
P.S. If you could see fit to ensure I have plenty of tea on hand that would be great too.
November is a wonderful month for reading. The cooler temperatures encourage you to snuggle up on the couch with a blanket and cup of tea.
Usually I choose my next book to read based on my mood. Generally this has worked for me but I would like to work my way through by TBR pile in a bit more organized fashion. So this month I’m going to challenge myself to read specific books. My goal is to finish 10 books this month and I’ve chosen 8 of them ahead of time.
The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie
The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
Black Coffee by Agatha Christie (not pictured – on order from used bookstore)
Once Broken Faith by Seanan McGuire
Jade Dragon Mountain by Elsa Hart
The Shadowed Sun by NK Jemisin
The Trespasser by Tana French (currently reading – at 39%)
The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan (currently reading – at 25%)
This leaves me 2 open spots (trust me there are plenty of books on my shelves; I just want to leave room for a whim.)
Wish me luck. What do you have on your TBR for November?