I didn’t quite hit my reading goal for November but I’m okay with that. When I decided to track my goals and results more closely, I had to make a deal with myself – missing a goal was no reason for self recrimination. Instead I should look at it as an opportunity to do something different.
Going into the month, I planned to read 10 books with 8 chosen ahead of time. Of those 8, I finished 6:
- The Trespasser by Tana French
- The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie
- The Shadowed Sun by NK Jemisin
- Jade Dragon Mountain by Elsa Hart
- The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
- Black Coffee by Agatha Christie
In addition, I finished:
- Eeny Meeny by MJ Arlidge
- Charlie the Choo Choo by Beryl Evans
- Full of Briars by Seanan McGuire (not reviewed – this is a short story in the Toby Daye world that was a fun look at one of the secondary characters. 4/5 stars.)
Last night, I was making notes on my reading results. One of the things I always ask myself is “what was my favorite book this month?” It was a tough decision this time. In the end, I chose Jade Dragon Mountain. I didn’t rate it the highest and there were things that weren’t perfect with the reading experience. But, what I loved was that it was different from my normal book selections and that kept me interested.
How did your reading go in November? Any new favorites?