How can tomorrow be December 1? It seems like 2016 just began.
I have high hopes that I will have a stellar reading month in December so I’ve set high goals for myself. To keep up with things, I’ve broken the books into three categories.
First, well, is the ‘shame’ category. There are two books that I didn’t finish in November.
- The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan (currently reading – at 60%). The truth is that I found my mind wandering a few times when I tried to read this. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great book but there are certain things I will need to tell you about in my review.
- Once Broken Faith by Seanan McGuire. I very much wanted to read this right after Thanksgiving but I told myself I had to finish The Fires of Heaven first. C’est la vie.
The next group includes my regular ‘to read’ books for the month.
- The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie
- Three Act Tragedy by Agatha Christie
- The Tourist by Olen Steinhauer (I borrowed this one from a friend a few months ago and MUST get it read this month so I can be a better friend and return it.)
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson (I need a Sanderson fix.)
- Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan (trying to work my way through the thousands of pages that are The Wheel of Time.)
The final, and my favorite, category is my Christmas reads. I plan to read these on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day while drinking coffee and relaxing with my husband and fur babies.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles Schulz (funny story – I ordered this on Amazon to add to my Christmas list and let’s just say that I didn’t realize it was a mini. At least it’s cute.)
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- A Christmas Story by Jean Shepherd (I read this every Christmas day; usually while watching the movie.)
- Murder for Christmas by Agatha Christie
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
What are you planning to read in December? Let me know if you have any books that you read each Christmas.