Several months ago, I was having a bad day. My husband, knowing me very well, surprised me with a book to cheer me up. His choice was a collection of Zombie short stories and I couldn’t have been happier.
I’ve slowly read through each of them and some are definitely more successful than others. If you are interested in my ratings on each one, check out my Goodreads status updates.
My favorites were:
– Life Sentence by Kelley Armstrong: gotta love it when an egomaniac gets his comeuppance.
– Family Business by Jonathan Maberry: the beginning of the story of Benny and Tom Imura. I liked this one so much that I immediately ordered two books by the author (including Rot and Ruin featuring Benny and Tom).
– Weaponized by David Wellington: zombie soldiers. What’s not to like?
– Twittering from the Circus of the Dead by Joe Hill: funny yet scary at the same time. It really does sound like a real twitter feed.
A few that I didn’t like:
– Copper by Stephen Bissette: no emotion.
– The Zombie Who Fell From The Sky by M.B. Homler: this is honestly one of the worst things I’ve ever read.
– Among Us by Aimee Bender: a complete and utter waste of time. Made no sense.
Overall, I’d give it 3.5/5 stars. If you love zombies, it’s definitely worth picking up.