I have challenged myself to read 52 books in 2013. This is a little less than 2012 but I have a lot of very large books on my list.
There are a few series that I hope to catch up on completely:
- Outlander – 6 books (#2-7). I will also read book 8 if it is released this fall as planned.
- The Dark Tower – 4 (#4-7). I may also read some of the other related novels (ex. The Wind Through the Keyhole).
Favorite Author Books:
- Stephen King (already have the Dark Tower series to read):
- 11/22/63 (up next)
- Dr. Sleep – a follow-up to The Shining coming out this year. Will pre-order!!
- Bag of Bones
- Carrie (re-read)
- Salem’s Lot (re-read)
- It (re-read)
- Diana Gabaldon (already have the Outlander series to read) – hope to start the Lord John Grey series.
- Anne Rice – The Witching Hour (re-read). There may also be a follow-up to The Wolf Gift. I will read it but need to keep my fingers crossed as I didn’t love the 1st in this series.
- Joe Hill
- 20th Century Ghosts
- Locke and Key (series)
- NOS4A2 – comes out in April. Cannot wait!
Classics (I really need to read more classics!):
- North and South
- The Last of the Mohicans
- Anna Karenina
I also have a ton of E-books to get through and want to leave some openings for new authors. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would love to hear about your most anticipated novels of the year and your own reading goals.
You can follow my progress at my Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/LowcountryBookLover. Wish me luck!!