I know everyone is anxiously awaiting my list of favorites for 2012. Hold your breath no longer – here they are:
5 favorite books read (some were published years ago but I just got to them):
5. The Last Bastion of the Living by Rhiannon Frater – this is a great zombie novel with a strong female MC. Seriously, more people need to read this book.
4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I’m still trying to figure out how I’ve missed this series for so many years. I have a lot of catching up to do! (I’ll be posting my full review of this one soon.)
3. The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke – Loved this story. Finn is one of my favorite characters this year as well.
2. The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King – Again, why haven’t I read this series before?
1. Horns by Joe Hill – Such a different story that was funny, sad and everything in between.
Honorable Mention – While “The Passage” or “The Twelve” by Justin Cronin didn’t make my favorites list, they were an important part of my reading year.
Favorite cover of the year was “Crewel” by Gennifer Albin.
Biggest disappointment was “Reamde” by Neal Stephenson.
Overall, I had a lot of fun reading this year. I finished with 58 books read. Not all were great but I learned something from each one.